Diamonds may undergo treatments or enhancements to improve their natural appearance, durability, or color. Diamonds…
Self defense is an important topic that deserves more attention than it usually gets. People take it for granted that they will be safe in their daily lives. Actually, violence happens to many women of all ages sometime within their lives. There are several rules of women’s self defense that will stand you in good stead in times of trouble.
1. KNOW THE DANGER. Read the statistics on violence to women in your local area. Find out how women’s self defense products have been used to thwart attacks. Do not be fooled by low reports of violent attacks on the books in small towns. The need for women’s self defense is everywhere. Violence is perpetrated by someone the woman knows at least 85% of the time, and it is not reported in the same way as is stranger attack. Use hidden spy cameras to assess risk in your own home.
2. BE PREPARED. Read up on self defense items until you have a clear understanding of which will work best for you. Arm yourself with pepper sprays, personal alarms, stun guns, or tasers so that you will be ready if danger strikes. Then, follow directions to test your self defense products as necessary so they will be in good working order if and when the time comes to use them.
3. KNOW HOW TO USE your self defense weapons. When an attacker is reaching for you to make his move, it is not the time to be fumbling with your self defense products to figure out how to use them. Use the instructions given with the self defense items to test and practice with them. Then, it will be instinctual to use them properly at a crucial moment.
4. DON’T BE AFRAID to use your self defense products in times of crisis. Remember that pepper sprays, stun guns, and tasers all work on a temporary basis when used properly. You will not cause permanent physical harm to your attacker by using your women’s self defense products, if you are concerned about that. Your main concern should be about how to protect yourself and not whether your self defense items will cause your assailant some discomfort.
5. LEARN HOW TO FIGHT DIRTY. WOMEN’S SELF DEFENSE DVD’S are available to help you learn how to best counter your attacker’s moves with no-nonsense warfare of your own. No amount of formal training will teach you what you can learn from someone who knows how to use self defense against a cunning street fighter. It is important to remember that you do not want to be polite and give your opponent any chances to counter your moves. In great women’s self defense, the key is to fight like your life depends on it. In fact, that may be exactly the truth.
6. RUN as soon as you can. Self defense weapons are generally geared to immobilizing your assailant until you can get yourself out of the dangerous situation. Once you have used your pepper sprays, stun guns, or tasers, run as fast as you can until you get to someone who can help you. Women’s self defense products are a tool, and usually not the end of the story.
When you think about women’s self defense, remember the rules for staying safe. Advance planning and quick thinking on the spot are both crucial. Women’s self defense products can make the difference between being the victim of violence and finding your own rescue.