Back in the day, silk plants did not look real; you could definitely tell that…
The History of Window Blinds
The purpose that window shades play nowadays has developed into a multitude of uses. Before, window blinds are merely used as protection fixtures for windows. However, they are also used now as energy saving and light-moderating tools as well as fixtures used for interior design. People who want to save on energy can now use window shades since they can be easily navigated to control the entry of light as well as the temperature filtering the room through the windows. Moreover, these tools also provide privacy to the people on the establishment as well as protection to the furniture from constant exposure to rain and sunlight.
How to Pick the Right Window Shades
Selecting the perfect covering for windows can be a pretty baffling process with all the many types of window blinds available in the market nowadays. In choosing window shades, make sure to not only base the decision on their decorative appeal only. There are certain areas at home or in the office that needs certain types of window shades due to some given factors. The following below are questions that can help start off the search for the perfect window shades to use:
• Is privacy your main objective why you will be using window shades?
• What is the direction your window is facing?
• What are your preferences for light entry on the room you will install the shades on?
• What is your allotted budget?
Short Guide for the Right Window Shades for Various House Areas
• Living Room. The living room is the place where the most number of appliances are situated. Thus, the window coverings needed to be chosen for this area are those that can be easily navigated to control the entry of light on the room. Good examples are vertical blinds.
• Study Room. Most study areas exhibit a no nonsense aura so formal looking wood window blinds or shutters are perfect for this room. Shutters, just like vertical blinds can be easily controlled for light entry so that during daytime, a person can simply adjust them for light if he/she wants to read a book or review some papers.
• Media room. Not all houses has media rooms. For a brief overview, most of these areas are designed in such a way that it mimics a theatre where someone can be most comfortable in watching a movie. Due to its design, the perfect blinds for media rooms are blackout honeycomb shades that are specially equipped with side rails that helps eliminate light entry. De-light features can also be added to this type of blinds to make sure that not a ray of light pierces even the smallest route holes.
• Kitchen and Bathroom- since these two areas are places that are constantly exposed to water and moisture, the type of blinds to be used on them are those that are water and moulds-resistance such as vinyl blinds.
• Bedroom-the primary concern for bedrooms is privacy. Thus, window blinds that provide total closure from the outside are the perfect choices for these rooms. Good examples are black out shades.